in china, safety education(安全教育)is becoming more and more important now. the last monday in march is for students to learn it at school. it helps students learn more about 41 they should do to keep themselves safe. what are the 42 at school? take a look.
stampedes(踩踏), earthquakes and fires are the main accidents at school.
a stampede always happens in 43 places. when students around you begin to push(推), just stand there and try to hold onto something. if you 44 in the crowd, move to one side and protect your head with your hands around.
when earthquakes happen, you can get 45 a desk quickly and hold on. it’ll protect you from falling things. if you are 46 , find a place away from buildings, trees, and power lines(电线).
when there’s a 47 , leave the classroom quickly. it’s better to put 48 over your mouth and nose. in this way, you won’t breathe(呼吸) in smoke. many people die in a fire, not because of the fire but smoke. it makes them 49 and they can’t breathe. that’s very dangerous! 50 when you want to get out, you should make yourself close to the floor. then you can breathe some fresh air.
41. a. how b. why c. what d. that
42. a. accidents b. stories c. question s d. problems
43. a. busy b. crowded c. dirty d. safe
44. a. get lost b. become mad c. fall behind d. fall down
45. a. on b. behind c. under d. near
46. a. outdoors b. indoors c. surface d. somewhere
47. a. smoke b. fire c. flood d. drought
48. a. anything wet b. anything dry c. something wet d. something dry
49. a. cry b. cough c. shout d. run
50. a. and b. but c. or d. so